Fun A, B, C's Of Film Titles

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Genevieve - a cherished 50s comedy - two couples on the London-to-Brighton annual veteran car rally. They drive to Brighton. They spend the night there. They return. It's like saying The Princess Bride is about a couple having issues..covers the bases, doesn't quite do it justice.

duzit

Member: Rank 6
H - Hocus Pocus (1993) After three centuries, three witch sisters are resurrected in Salem, Massachusetts on Halloween night, and it is up to two teenagers, a young girl, and an immortal cat to put an end to their reign of terror once and for all. (96 mins.) Director: Kenny Ortega
Stars: Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kathy Najimy, Omri Katz

Carol

Ice Cold in Alex one man and his beer- what's not to respect?

Also - as to your H , young Duzit my friend - anything with the Divine Miss M gets an extra recommrnd from me.

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
The Pelican Brief (1993)

The Pelican Brief is a 1993 American legal political thriller based on the novel of the same name by John Grisham. Directed by Alan J. Pakula, the film stars Julia Roberts in the role of young law student Darby Shaw and Denzel Washington as Washington Herald reporter Gray Grantham. Music was composed by James Horner. This was the last film to feature Pakula as a producer and writer before his death.

My opinion: Movie is average compared to the book. If you prefer reading, go read it as it is well worth it.

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
-=Please use Edit instead of double posting, tyvm=-

Silent Hill

Silent Hill is a 2006 Canadian[3][4] supernatural psychological horror film directed by Christophe Gans and written by Roger Avary, Gans, and Nicolas Boukhrief. The film is an adaptation of Konami's survival horror video game series Silent Hill. The film, particularly its emotional, religious, and aesthetic content, includes elements from the first, second, third, and fourth games in the series. It stars Radha Mitchell, Sean Bean, Laurie Holden, Deborah Kara Unger, Kim Coates, Tanya Allen, Alice Krige, and Jodelle Ferland.

Carol

Up the Junction

Very downbeat but gripping Sixties drama - fewer laughs than Alfie (which is always darker than I remember), but same sort of territory. And lent it's title to a pretty good song.

Carol

When the Wind Blows

A charmingly suburban English post-apocalyptic animation, which will haunt you all night afterwards...