Review Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Man shouting ‘Avengers: Endgame’ spoilers gets beating from furious fans

The most epic beatdown at this “Avengers: Endgame” showing didn’t happen on the screen.

A crowd of spoiler-sensitive Marvel fanatics pummelled a loudmouth for yelling out major plot points as they waited to see the blockbuster in a Hong Kong theater, according to reports.

The spoil-sport, who was not identified by name, was leaving one showing of the superhero flick in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong when he started blabbing about key moments to those waiting in line for the next showing, reported Deadline, citing Taiwanese media.

Infuriated movie-goers channeled their inner Hulk, beating up the bean-spilling baddie, reports said.

A purported photo of the aftermath shows a man in a white t-shirt seated against a wall, being treated by a few onlookers as blood trickles down the right side of his face.

The man committed the cardinal cinema sin despite the film’s directors, brothers Anthony and Joseph Russo, requesting on Twitter that fans avoid spoiling the movie for others.

“Because so many of you have invested your time, your hearts, and your souls into these stories, we’re once again asking for your help,” the brothers wrote in the days before the film’s release. “When you see Endgame in the coming weeks, please don’t spoil it for others, the same way you wouldn’t want it spoiled for you.”

“Endgame,” the 22nd movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the final outing for the Avengers, re-wrote the record books in its opening weekend, raking in $1.2 billion worldwide, according to Variety.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Measles Outbreak At “Avengers” Screening

Health officials in California’s Orange County have issued a warning to moviegoers who attended an April 25th screening of “Avengers: Endgame” at the AMC Dine-In Fullerton 20 cinema.

Said warning suggests those people might have been exposed to measles by a fellow audience member who was fresh from international travel and unaware of her infection (she’s now quarantined at home). The screening was said to happen between 11pm on April 25th and 4am on April 26th.

Those in attendance, especially those who haven’t previously had the measles or been vaccinated, are advised to monitor themselves for symptoms through May 16th as they are at a higher risk of exposure and should consult a health care provider about a Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccination.

Measles has been surging in the U.S. and abroad, believed to be heavily due to the rise of the anti-vaxxer movement which has impacted herd immunity across the country. Nationally, the number of cases is the highest in two decades.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Well, due to car issues, I'm going to have to wait another two weeks to see this flipping film. That's when it finally hits my hometown (we have a second run theatre, which is nice cost wise, but it means having to wait a month or better if you don't actually go out of town and see a movie). The nice thing is, I already had some vacation time set up for the week. The bad thing is, I took time off to get things ready for my daughter's graduation that weekend (still having problems realizing I'm that old). But Mrs. Chainsaw has given me and Lil Chainsaw her blessing to go that Friday night it opens here to see it. So not only will the next two weeks go by that much slower, but I have to be ever so careful where I go on the interwebs, what with the spoilers flying fast and furious.

It just means that it's going to be that much more satisfying when I finally get to see it, right? (Probably not true, but if I lie to myself, it doesn't piss me off quite as much)

filmfan95

Member: Rank 3
Well, I don't think the movie would have been as good if this had been what happened, but... dang!!!! Why didn't the characters think to do that? It seems so obvious now.

HISHE never ceases to amaze me.

PF4Eva

Member: Rank 3
I finally saw Endgame last night (I held off until I got caught up). I've now seen all the important Marvels (I still have Captain Marvel and Far from Home left to go). It feels liberating to finally indulge in all the forums and media I've spoiler-blocked for so long. Luckily, only one spoiler got out
(Tony Stark dies)
, so I'm proud of myself. I don't consider little things like Fat Thor to be spoilers.

This was a film for the ages. Grand, epic, action-packed, a cast of thousands. The ending was out of this world.
Captain America wielding Mjolnir
was a crowning moment and
Natasha Romanoff's and Tony Stark's sacrifices. I didn't see Black Widow coming. RIP.

Definitely an A+ movie.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I finally saw Endgame last night (I held off until I got caught up). I've now seen all the important Marvels (I still have Captain Marvel and Far from Home left to go). It feels liberating to finally indulge in all the forums and media I've spoiler-blocked for so long. Luckily, only one spoiler got out
(Tony Stark dies)
, so I'm proud of myself. I don't consider little things like Fat Thor to be spoilers.

This was a film for the ages. Grand, epic, action-packed, a cast of thousands. The ending was out of this world.
Captain America wielding Mjolnir
was a crowning moment and
Natasha Romanoff's and Tony Stark's sacrifices. I didn't see Black Widow coming. RIP.

Definitely an A+ movie.
Actually, I thought everyone was aware of those spoilers...

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll see it when I get around to it, one of these days. Although I'm not currently fussed about seeing all of the other films first.

I've heard that, despite its faults, it does a pretty good job at winding up the "Infinity" story line.