Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Doctor Who PBS Interview with Jon Pertwee, Sylvester McCoy, JNT

Shortly before Sylvester McCoy's era as the Doctor in 1987, he appeared with John-Nathan Turner and Jon Pertwee in the US for PBS fundraisers (PBS stations were the only stations widely showing Doctor Who in the USA). Indianapolis, Indiana PBS Station WFYI

Doctor Omega

2fim80k80001000.jpg

Season 18 is the next Blu-ray set, in February 2019.....

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?arti...xt-instalment-in-the-collection-bluray-range/

Special Features exclusive to this set include:
  • A new Making-Of documentary and updated special effects for Logopolis
  • Revealing new 2019 commentaries moderated by Matthew Sweet (Tom Baker on The Leisure Hive, Lalla Ward & Rachel Davies on State Of Decay)
  • Surround sound mix for Warriors’ Gate
  • Rare behind-the-scenes footage from The Leisure Hive, Full Circleand Logopolis
  • Eight more editions of Behind The Sofa
  • Band new documentaries The Writers Room and Weekend With Waterhouse
  • A new interview with K9 & Company’s Ian Sears
  • Another dip into the Panopticon convention archives with Tom Baker
  • HD photo galleries plus scripts, production files and rare documentation provided as PDFs
  • The eight-disc box set also includes hours of extensive special features previously released on DVD
Plus the following stories from 1980/81:
  • The Leisure Hive (four episodes)
  • Meglos (four episodes)
  • Full Circle (four episodes)
  • State Of Decay (four episodes)
  • Warriors’ Gate (four episodes)
  • The Keeper Of Traken (four episodes)
  • Logopolis (four episodes)
  • Plus K9 & Company – A Girl’s Best Friend
All material has been remastered for Blu-ray by Peter Crocker and Mark Ayres. Lee Binding has provided stunning packaging and new series writer/content consultant Pete McTighe has written another extensive booklet. Russell Minton is Executive Producer.

2fimc0k80001000.jpg

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

new 2019 commentaries moderated by Matthew Sweet (Tom Baker on The Leisure Hive, Lalla Ward & Rachel Davies on State Of Decay)

Dissapointed.

Get Tom and Lalla in the same room for a commentary and I might be tempted....

LALLA: (Frostily.) My God, Tom. You actually looked at me there for a moment....

Doctor Omega

Having recently checked out the scores for ROTTEN TOMATOES for NEW WHO, I thought I would compile a complete list of the audience scores for the entirety of CLASSIC WHO.

It's not scientific, of course, but this is what would seem to be how the Tomato throwers of today view the original run.

Doctor Omega

ROTTEN TOMATOES AUDIENCE SCORE.... ALL 26 SEASONS.....

SEASON.....

ONE
100%

TWO
(No Score)

THREE
(No Score)

FOUR
(No Score)

FIVE
(No Score)

SIX
100%

SEVEN
100%

EIGHT
88%

NINE
88%

TEN
100%

ELEVEN
88%

TWELVE
100%

THIRTEEN
100%

FOURTEEN
100%

FIFTEEN
87%

SIXTEEN
100%

SEVENTEEN
100%

EIGHTEEN
100%

NINETEEN
66%

TWENTY
60%

TWENTY ONE
60%

TWENTY TWO
60%

TWENTY THREE
33%

TWENTY FOUR
50%

TWENTY FIVE
50%

TWENTY SIX
50%

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/doctor_who_1963/s01

Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I haven’t seen episodes past the Fifth Doctor.
Colin's tenure is an, erm, acquired taste, so be forewarned. Personally, I love Sylvester's work on the show, but it's bumpy. The first season is hampered by slapstick and, well, Mel. The rest is really ambitious, and there are some really great things going on, but sometimes the ambition is greater than the means to produce the stories. Still worth watching, though.
A hundred percent?? I didn’t think it was possible for anything to score 100%. I see the later seasons aren’t so well lauded.
Personally, I think these are fans looking back with rose-tinted goggles. Not that they aren't great, I just wouldn't have given 100%.