ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Same here my friend! I recently saw that picture of the new TARDIS console and it's mighty ugly! My kids don't like crabs so I'm sure they won't be watching this show anymore! Even if it is on Sunday nights at 8pm!
JB

PS.By the way what does the new exterior of the TARDIS look like? I've heard people don't like it!
Haven't seen it.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
BBC CONTROLLER ON 13: “GONE IS THE DAFFINESS AND IDIOSYNCRASY OF HER PREDECESSORS”

landscape-1467110821-piers-wenger.jpg

Former Doctor Who Executive Producer and current BBC Drama Controller Piers Wenger has shared his views on what he believes Jodie Whittaker brings to the role of the Doctor.

Jodie Whittaker placed 15th in The Radio Times TV 100, a list of the, according to the publication, ‘hottest TV stars of the past 12 months’.

Celebrating Whittaker’s placement, Wenger states: “It’s a testament to the energy and focus that Jodie has brought to Doctor Who that it’s hard to distinguish where one ends and the other begins. She said from the start that she could only do it her way and so it has become.

He continues: “Gone is the daffiness and idiosyncrasy of her predecessors in favour of a Doctor with energy, spark and relatability.”

Meanwhile, BBC Content director Charlotte Moore congratulated new showrunner Chris Chibnall who places higher in the number two spot.

She said: “Chris is a wonderfully talented multi-award-winning writer whose catalogue of work speaks for itself. I can’t wait to see his passion and vision for Doctor Who come to life on BBC1 this autumn. As a lifelong fan himself, I know he will bring something very special to the hit series to captivate old and new fans across the globe.”

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

She said from the start that she could only do it her way and so it has become
In one way I find this commendable, in another way I find it somewhat worrying.

Did Jodie research the history of the character? Watch old stories?

Did she need to?

Even Matt Smith watched THE TOMB OF THE CYBERMEN and loved what Troughton did in it.

Which is the right way to do things?

A truly fresh start?

Or do at least some research into what has gone before?

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
That Wenger is something else! He was useless in his role as a producer on Matt Smith's early shows and now we're meant to be listening to this failure's opinion on a show that most of us will ignore? Get a life!
JB

Doctor Omega

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

What about all those people who need to know what date not to be home?

Seriously though, getting threatening over people knowing a date of broadcast? What's the point? :emoji_head_bandage:

Doctor Omega

Celebrating Whittaker’s placement, Wenger states: “It’s a testament to the energy and focus that Jodie has brought to Doctor Who that it’s hard to distinguish where one ends and the other begins. She said from the start that she could only do it her way and so it has become.

He continues: “Gone is the daffiness and idiosyncrasy of her predecessors in favour of a Doctor with energy, spark and relatability.”

It seems Katie Manning has taken umbrage at the above statement and agreed with somebody's outrage.....

What a fucking insult to 12 amazing actors.

https://twitter.com/ManningOfficial/status/1032309862380789766

Katie replied....

I can't help but agree ! A change should not dismiss the wonderful history of this incredible show xxxx
But, when New Who started getting slagged off, added....

Hello don't add me to this ! I love modern who I never miss an episode & certainly don't judge anything before I see it ! Was just saying it has a history that led to now not to be dismissed xxx

Everything should be given an opportunity to shine ! I didn't like olives till I tasted them !!!

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I'm okay with not seeing the Daleks or Cybermen in any capacity for a while, and I'm definitely okay with not seeing the Weeping Angels. I will miss The Paternoster Gang, but I would rather see them get their own series, like The Sarah Jane Adventures. Missy died, so I'm good there (I figure The Master should regenerate pretty frequently). Honestly, and I'm sure someone here will explain why I'm an idiot for it, I would love to see at least one moment of River and the new Doctor together.