Fun Open Thread

McQualude

Member: Rank 3
Hi,friends...can i ask you for an advice on something?...i intend to buy some products that i couldn't found on local online stores,but i find it on amazon and aliexpress.Can you tell if they are trust worthy,is it safe to buy from them?

Thank you and have a nice day

I have no experience with Aliexpress but Amazon is trustworth, they get plenty of my money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
glenn_miller_feature.jpg

disappearance_of_glenn_miller.jpg

Just been reading about the disappearance of Glenn Miller.

I had previously resolved in my mind that that story of the RAF accidentally dropping jettisoned bombs on Millers plane in the bomb dropping zone was probably the answer, but it seems that that theory has fallen out of favour now.

What triggered me on this subject was this news item about a notebook someone made at the time.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-devon-42361353/glenn-miller-mystery-notebook-sheds-light-on-death

Glenn Miller mystery: Notebook sheds light on death
One of the most enduring mysteries of World War Two may have been solved with the help of a teenage plane spotter.

Music legend Glenn Miller's plane vanished over the Channel without a trace in 1944.

Now a US historian has written a book which used a notebook from plane spotter Richard Anderton to help prove his theory about the American big band leader's death.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
So, you have casually found yourself reading and researching a particular subject as we speak?

Share it with the rest of the gang!
I have been watching a lot of videos on YouTube about comic book collecting, I've also been delving into vintage toy videos, especially Star Wars toys.
Perhaps you have had a long-standing fascination with a particular subject?
1. World Wars I & II. I'm subscribed to a YouTube channel called The Great War, which goes into really great detail about all sorts of subjects dealing with the first war, from notable people, battles, trench life, soldier rations, etc.
2. Historical Cooking. I love looking up videos that explain recipes from past centuries, be it a hundred years ago or many centuries ago.
3. History in general. I've been known to spend hours on end just watching documentaries about any number of historical topics, depending upon what strikes me at the moment.
Or a book or documentary led you to further investigations?
Here's a weird one. One night, after a MASH marathon, I sat watching a few films about the actual MASH hospitals in Korea, and about the Korean war. That's how my brain works. Like, not at all normally.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Postal carriers say aggressive turkeys stopping mail service

http://www.whio.com/news/postal-car...stopping-mail-service/VRcnZ1XboCIjOlwtTlk13N/

Postal carriers say aggressive turkeys stopping mail service

— ROCKY RIVER, Ohio — Postal carriers say a rafter of aggressive wild turkeys have prevented them from delivering mail to more than two dozen homes in a Cleveland suburb.

Cleveland.com reports residents on a number of streets in Rocky River have had to pick up their mail at the post office because the turkeys have created unsafe conditions for carriers to deliver to their homes.

Rocky River Mayor Pam Bobst said the problem has persisted for the last three weeks. City ordinances don’t allow for the turkeys to be eradicated, she said.

The city has instead sent letters to people asking them to stop putting out bird feed in the hope the turkeys will go elsewhere.

A U.S. Postal Service spokesman says some carriers have been pecked but none have been injured.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Omega

sfx194155.jpg

Dead singers are now returning - and touring - as Holograms.....

A company is now bringing dead singers back to perform on tour.

Elvis has done the rounds and now it is Roy Orbison's turn.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

I just occurred to me that this is like something from the 1970's pages of 2000AD and Mega-City One,

The science fiction of childhood, but it's arrived in my lifetime, which I never expected.

Dredd_Apocalypse_War.jpg

All it needs is Dredd to ride his lawmaster onstage and start blasting some drokking lawbreakers in the orchestra who have planted a thermite bomb beneath Orbison or something to make it complete. :emoji_confused:

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

I would love to get fired from the hologram programming team - for spending too much time on IMDF - and then angrily reprogram Orbison for that night's concert on my way out. :emoji_nerd:

It would make the papers the next day, I can tell you! :emoji_head_bandage:

Doctor Omega

If You Won a Fortune!

CHF_Banknotes.jpg Gold_Bars.jpg

The idea of being wealthy appeals to lots of people...

How would you handle it?

Would you be happy?

Or, like some of these people, would being rich, maybe not be all it's cracked up to be?

Last edited: