Information Say Hello

sitenoise

Member: Rank 5
Is it possible to make the threads nested, so that it's easier to see the replies to a post?
I always enjoy giving a developer something do to ;)
I just had a convo with him about that. It's not the "modern" way. So ... no.

sitenoise

Is it possible to make the threads nested, so that it's easier to see the replies to a post?
I've checked with 3 other forums in the running, and you can't nest on any of them. :mad: Welcome to the Modern World, I guess.

Zelena

Member: Rank 2
I've checked with 3 other forums in the running, and you can't nest on any of them. :mad: Welcome to the Modern World, I guess.
Grrrr.
I'm actually quite taken aback sometimes, the extent to which the medium is the message, you know?
The actually visual, "physical" format of a website affects the content of what gets said and how. Just the fact that the imdb forum was a smaller font and that nested format made it more conducive to sort of short essay-type reviews with responses... and all along we thought it was the personalities.. Well, life goes on in the Matrix :confused:

plsletitrain

that thegotboard.com site kinda replicates the IMDb look. The features also.... I think. Don't trust me on that, though.

sitenoise

The actually visual, "physical" format of a website affects the content of what gets said and how
So important. So true. And you know I love the coupling of Visual/Physical!

At this point, I don't think this board is going to work for us.

Facebook and Twitter have ruined the internet with their notion of hit-and-run "conversations".

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
Not a promise, but I did some searching and a nesting feature should be possible, but the only one that can make it happen is Alex. Please be patient and give us time to make sure everything works properly one thing at the time.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Hi DareDaniel, pleased to meet you, tons of people is coming from "over there" so yes, you're gonna see lots of activity in the coming days !

Hope you like your new home :)

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP

Facebook and Twitter have ruined the internet with their notion of hit-and-run "conversations".
Why resign so easy?. I can't work faster than I am, if you are patient I am more than happy to assist you in making this forum more confortable for everyone.

I think it's a better alternative than just resign and join facebook.

sitenoise

Why resign so easy?. I can't work faster than I am, if you are patient I am more than happy to assist you in making this forum more confortable for everyone.

I think it's a better alternative than just resign and join facebook.
lol, I forget that you're also probably reading some of these posts. I know you're working hard. There's no chance of resigning to join FB. My fear is that if my comrades don't find a comfortable landing spot we'll drift apart and lose contact forever.

The reason I'm hanging around here being a whiny little beotch is that I see this site, with its involved admins, as the preferable refugee camp.

DeJoHnNiE

We understand and prob one of the main reasons we started doing all this is to have a place to be and stay...

I would like to ask why this thread is in this part of the site and not the welcome category? Did you start this here for a reason or can it be moved to the Welcome Category.

sitenoise

I started it as a place for my Asian Film Forum pals to say hello, have a place to check in and get our hands dirty and check the place out before getting down to business. I guess I was interested in just what was important to the group in particular.

I'm afraid of other people. :eek:

Zelena

Member: Rank 2

Thanks all for the comments. Speaking for myself, I am probably going to hang out wherever sitenoise is writing about movies, and comment back at him. The thing is just that people were on imdb "anyway" to rate and research movies, so it's a challenge to establish a foothold on a whole other site. I don't use FB and so it won't be there. You might want to think about ways you can make your site way more useful in ways that cost you nothing.
I didn't mean my comments to sound at all critical toward the devs. I appreciate their hard work. Everybody knows it's hard to make a website "take off" and I don't know if you guys are into Agile Methodology, but the idea is to take feedback and make a product really work for the core audience through iterations of improvements, on the idea that they will be influencers that bring more ppl. Just my two cents from a related industry.
In any case, the design impacts the tone of the whole thing Bigly, so you want to be intentional about it. For us, following a thread and being able to center a conversation around one film and follow responses is an old habit from talking to each other for several years, and it's very important for us!

DeJoHnNiE

I started it as a place for my Asian Film Forum pals to say hello, have a place to check in and get our hands dirty and check the place out before getting down to business. I guess I was interested in just what was important to the group in particular.

I'm afraid of other people. :eek:
It's ok, just was curious hahaha, please stay wherever you feel comfortable and do whatever you think needs to be done. We aim to please and also do not know you all personal :D