Review The Missing Episodes

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Can't say I've come across you as Cygnus, Doctor Omega! I've been on there for a while too and love that page even if we're not getting any information on lost Troughton classics!
JB

johnnybear

Fraid I'll be keeping my old DVD unless it comes down to a couple of quid in a few years and I hope they ditch that rotten cover!
JB

Last edited:

johnnybear

As good as The Persuaders theme is, for me, the best ITC music has got to be Space 1999, first season of course! Those photos of Moore and Curtis mucking about are great and I had this video on my favourites bar for many a month late last year!
JB

johnnybear

I didn't mind the second series theme to be honest but it was in no way a substitute for the fantastic original!
JB

johnnybear

I really enjoyed the New Adam, New Eve incidental music in Space 1999s second series and the same bit of music was reused in Brian The Brain! Strange as Brian was screened first on ITV back in the seventies! I was a bit annoyed to find that piece of music omitted from the Space 1999 second series CD as well!
JB

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
rfsheader2016_1.jpg

The topic of Doctor Who missing episodes has been dormant relatively recently, but a tangent in an interview with producer/director Paul Vanezis, who has aided in the recovery of other previously missing Doctor Who episodes, may raise the profile once again. (Listen to the interview with Steven starting at 30:36; JR Southall joins Steven later to discuss what Paul said). Elsewhere, Doctor Who on Twitch has been an unprecedented success, launching new memes and generating fresh enthusiasm amongst a whole new generation of Doctor Who fans!

http://www.radiofreeskaro.com/2018/06/03/radio-free-skaro-638-london-1965/

Doctor Omega

Responses to the above broadcast.....

Paul Vanezis confirmed that 1 or 2 missing episodes are definitely in the hands of collectors. Nice to get a conformation.

In addition to discussing a few film cans in the hands of private collectors, Vanezis had a lengthy discussion about the importance of bicycling routes. He played down the whole TIE connection - interesting in itself given that we've previously been led to believe that finding out about TIE was a big breakthrough - but played up the possibility of a BBC hub, though not, apparently, in Singapore. He backed up Morris's account of Enemy and Web travelling via Gibraltar. On the whole, while he said nothing specific, his tone suggested that Morris has not had a big find.

Doctor Omega

I know. It's a farce. :emoji_disappointed:

his tone suggested that Morris has not had a big find.

After all that waiting.

Am happy if anything is found, but people's expectations could have been lowered in the last five years by a bit of honesty from these two idiots. PM and PV.

Doctor Omega

Not sure if this has any significance....

Posted on PLANET MONDAS, but I don't have the Facebook link.....

34323973_10155288794760855_1346591844955324416_n.jpg

Australian Television Archive have posted a teasing comment and photo on Facebook: "Always exciting when a BBC-TV film can turns up, you never know what it may contain! Always exciting when a BBC-TV film can turns up, you never know what it may contain!"

Doctor Omega

Paul Vanezis confirmed that 1 or 2 missing episodes are definitely in the hands of collectors. Nice to get a conformation.

I think that this is significant and that something is in the wind.

Reading people's comments etc., a good point has been made that Paul Vanezis is normally very tight-lipped and that the fact he feels confident enough in the existence of the "one or two" episodes, suggests that they are, in fact, safely back with the BBC and pending clean up, clearance and release.

The 25th Anniversary of MISSING BELIEVED WIPED is in December, apparently, so I think that would be an ideal time for an announcement.

I honestly think we will have an announcement of some kind though, and sooner rather than later.

Just a feeling.

Doctor Omega

The Radio Times has chimed in on the Vanezis reveal, speculating that the two episodes could be the following two, which were borrowed by BLUE PETER and never returned.....

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-06-13/doctor-who-archivist-says-there-is-hope-for-the-97-lost-episodes/

If it’s two episodes we’re talking about, they could be the ones that were borrowed from the archives by children’s show Blue Peter – and never returned. Those were episode four of The Daleks’ Masterplan, and episode four of The Tenth Planet.