Review The Missing Episodes

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
If only this could be true, Doc!!!! What a reveal to have the final Hartnell story complete in our collections especially after that drivel written by Moffat at Christmas!
JB

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
It would be a fantastic couple of returns, JB! Hartnell's swansong and the footage of Katarina floating in space; just two highlights from these missing gems!

Part of me is a little cautious though - and wonders if this is a deliberate smokescreen.

I just posted as such on Mondas, so might as well copy and paste it here....

From Mondas:

I am wondering if this whole RADIO TIMES "speculating" thing is a careful distraction and smokescreen to conceal the identity of the real episodes found, just to shut fans up from questioning and speculating, thus taking the pressure off.

Throwing us a frickin' "fake news" bone, while the real meal is being prepared elsewhere.

Us folks will then sit back and wait for TP4 and DMP4 to be announced, smug that we don't need to ask any more questions, while Paul quietly gets on with the restoration of two very different episodes, having got us out of his hair.

I also seem to recall Paul deleting the post of someone who actually named two other episodes, quite a few moons back now. (And I don't think it was neccesarily TP4 and DMP4.)

Does anybody recall the names of those two episodes that Paul felt compelled to delete, followed by a warning?

Yes, here is Paul's response to being asked why he deleted the post naming two episodes.....

http://missingepisodes.proboards.com/thread/11924/possibility-hartnells-25-minute-episodes?page=3

the mention of a rumour, with specifics could scupper a genuine return which may still be being negotiated.

Why do some people not understand this?
I've almost deleted this thread once already so tread carefully.

What were those two episode titles that prompted such a high-handed reaction?

Doctor Omega

All speculation on my part, of course. But that's been half the fun of this ongoing saga! :emoji_grin:

I only posted that on MONDAS a few minutes ago, so will update this if anyone replies with those two titles. Although they may just pat me on the head and send me away with a cookie, telling me I am overthinking things. :emoji_alien:

johnnybear

No idea? I used to post on that forum a couple of years ago but had some trouble on there! You know what rabid Who fans are like, Doc! :emoji_expressionless:
JB

Doctor Omega

I would love for it to be DMP4 and TP4.

Any episodes that are keystone episodes are welcome. Katarina's full death scene, Sara Kingdom's death, Dodo's arrival, Ben and Polly's departure, Victoria's departure, Hartnell's regeneration, Troughton's first episode.

We have lost so much in that department. Be nice to get some of it back. :emoji_alien:

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

That would be wonderful.

Somehow we have episode 2 of EVIL and episode 2, 5 and 10 of MASTERPLAN, when we really shouldn't have any episodes of those stories at all, given their rubbish distribution.

Let's hope for more unlikely returns from those and other classics at some point.

Doctor Omega

The-Moonbase-Cybermen-animation.jpg

Which is the best MISSING EPISODE animation so far?

And what of the future of these attempts to bring the lost chapters of Classic Who back to life?

Doctor Omega

It seems that the impending WHEEL IN SPACE dvd is simply a Britbox recon...

Just in case you’re getting over-excited thinking Wheel in Space is being animated (or anything even more exciting) they’re just releasing the Britbox telesnap recon on DVD in the US, and that’s what the Amazon listing is. Stand down, everyone.
https://mobile.twitter.com/themindrobber/status/1022239725850120193?s=19

And they want $25.00 for it!

https://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Who-Wheel-in-Space/dp/B07FDNRPJW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1536779270&sr=8-1&keywords=wheel+in+space+doctor+who

I will stick with my burned off Loose Canons....

johnnybear

Well unless it's got the other four episodes or top quality animation I doubt I'd be interested in it from what I've heard elsewhere!
JB

Doctor Omega

Yeah, same here. Could be just a cash-grab.

One thing that bugs me about the MISSING EPISODE saga is just why everything has to be so secretive, leading to endless speculation and disappointment.

You think they could stick some information on that Amazon listing that lets people know it's a recon.

Same with the POWER OF THE DALEKS animation. Why did they not just announce it would be animated even before they made the thing?

That would have avoided all the "maybe some of POWER is back!!" speculation that tiresomely went with it, all the way, right up to the day of release. :emoji_alien:

johnnybear

Phil Morris could give us a rundown on his exploits every now and then rather than say nothing for five or six years! If we knew he'd been here or there at his own personal risk we might think better of the guy rather than the feeling that he's sitting on a pile of old film cans and keeping stum like a spoiled brat!
JB