Review The TARDIS

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
9.jpg 3185ee13ec85882533f32cc8b8229c3a.jpg

These Tardis interiors are reserved for a special corner of my nostalgic affection.

A hotch-potch of wires and rubbish, but these two films were the only guaranteed repeats back in those days (usually when a sporting event had been cancelled on tv), so they - and these Tardis interiors - hold a sorta place in my heart.....

Dr. Who and the Daleks

DALEKS-INVASION EARTH 2150AD

Complete with their own audio effects.......

THE CUSHING DOCTOR.......

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/the-cushing-doctor.3655/

DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS (1965)......

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/dr-who-and-the-daleks-1965.5836/

DALEKS INVASION EARTH 2150AD (1966)......

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/daleks-invasion-earth-2150-a-d-1966.5837/

Doctor Omega

Yes, they tidied it up pretty nicely. Wonder what THE CHASE console room would have looked like? Damn that lacklustre box office for the second film. :emoji_grin:

Daleks vs Mechons

Doctor Omega

In Virgin books, Ace wandered around the interior of a turned inside out TARDIS....

Or something......

Cat's Cradle-Time's Crucible
by Marc Platt

The TARDIS is invaded by an alien presence, and is then destroyed. The Doctor disappears. Ace, lost and alone, finds herself in a bizarre deserted city ruled by the tyrannical, leech-like monster known as the Process.
Lost voyagers drawn forward from Ancient Gallifrey perform obsessive rituals in the ruins. The strands of time are tangled in a cat’s cradle of dimensions. Only the Doctor can challenge the rule of the Process and restore the stolen Future.

DrWho-CatsCradle-TimesCrucible.jpg

Doctor Omega

The Jade Pagoda was a TARDIS "escape pod". It was first used by the Seventh Doctor to travel to Earth in 2006 while the TARDIS had broken up between 1909 Earth and 22,000 Antýkhon. (PROSE: Iceberg, Birthright)

In the second instance of its usage, it was used in the TARDIS that the Doctor obtained from a parallel Earth. (PROSE: Blood Heat) In this second usage it was utilised by the Doctor and Bernice Summerfield to escape the TARDIS as it passed a black star. (PROSE: Sanctuary)

Specifics

The Jade Pagoda looked like it was made of marbled jade. It homed in on a main sequence G-type star with a class M planet in orbit. Most of the controls were for life support and getting the TARDIS to its location.

There was a tall mirror within that would become a scanner. There were also various first-aid and survival tools within the Jade Pagoda. Like TARDISes it was dimensionally transcendental, but only had the single console room with a series of cupboards containing the various supplies. (PROSE: Sanctuary)

Jade_pagoda.jpg

Doctor Omega

I suppose it depends whether one counts the VIRGIN BOOKS as canon, as to whether one accepts these little additions to the TARDIS mythology, such as this "Jade Pagoda" thing.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I suppose it depends whether one counts the VIRGIN BOOKS as canon, as to whether one accepts these little additions to the TARDIS mythology, such as this "Jade Pagoda" thing.
I remember the Jade Pagoda.

I read a couple of the novels from around that era.

I don't think they kept close enough to the spirit of the TV series.

Doctor Omega

I remember them losing the TARDIS in a swamp in Blood Heat, only for McCoy to steal the dead Pertwee Doctor's TARDIS from another universe.

Like.... what was the point?

I couldn't keep up with the greedy overpublishing of titles - so ended up rejecting the whole lot in the end.

Ditto the BBC books.

ant-mac

I remember them losing the TARDIS in a swamp in Blood Heat, only for McCoy to steal the dead Pertwee Doctor's TARDIS from another universe.

Like.... what was the point?

I couldn't keep up with the greedy overpublishing of titles - so ended up rejecting the whole lot in the end.

Ditto the BBC books.
I liked a few of them and I think they came up with a few good ideas, but eventually I think they just go too convoluted for their own good.

I received CHRISTMAS ON A RATIONAL PLANET as a gift. :emoji_disappointed:

If I was a publisher, I'd sack anyone who suggested that as a title to me.

Doctor Omega

I remember borrowing one of the BBC Paul McGann ones from the library, called SEEING I.

It was just this grim novel about the Doctor being put in an inescapable prison and tortured - Winston Smith style - with all his usual tricks failing him - and being this damaged, affected person when he left. Then there was the whole "one of his hearts surgically removed" bullshit.

I just always felt that the authors were missing the point of adventures in time and space and trying to graft stuff onto Doctor Who that was ultimately a complete waste of time, because the status quo had to ultimately be restored - and just made for depressing, inconsequential reading.

ant-mac

If only it were that easy! :emoji_disappointed:
In part two of the book series, they teach you how to make a season of DOCTOR WHO without skill or talent.

Apparently, they only ever sold two copies.

One to a chubby guy with glasses and the other to a blonde woman... :emoji_confused:

Doctor Omega

The woman in question clearly studied the chapter: "PULLING FACES INSTEAD OF ACTING" with great focus and intensity.

ant-mac

I remember borrowing one of the BBC Paul McGann ones from the library, called SEEING I.

It was just this grim novel about the Doctor being put in an inescapable prison and tortured - Winston Smith style - with all his usual tricks failing him - and being this damaged, affected person when he left. Then there was the whole "one of his hearts surgically removed" bullshit.

I just always felt that the authors were missing the point of adventures in time and space and trying to graft stuff onto Doctor Who that was ultimately a complete waste of time, because the status quo had to ultimately be restored - and just made for depressing, inconsequential reading.
It could have been worse...

At least it hadn't yet devolved into some sort of Human centipede like it has now...

The BBC eats up the shit that Chibs and Pisstaker produce and the audience is suppose to eat up the shit the BBC then broadcasts...