Review The TARDIS

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I think the only sacred icon left in the show is the TARDIS itself.

They just need to fuck that over somehow - and their job is done.

Perhaps turning it male and calling it "He"?

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
Modern-day everything is dark and gloomy. I much prefer the clean white interior of the older episodes. You’ll notice 2001: A Space Odyssey has clean white interiors too and the film holds up very well.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
As I've said, my favorite console room is the one from the Late Tom era that lasted through the end of Classic Who. I still like the aesthetic of the wood panel console room of the Leela years, and the classic layouts that came before that. The TV movie interior has grown on me, unlike the TV movie. As for NuWho, the only console room I really care for is Capaldi's. I mean, it's not that I hate the others, but for me, the TARDIS should feel like a practical ship. The Time Lords weren't using these things for pleasure cruises. I can see sprucing them up in the case of any renegade Time Lords who might have "acquired" one, but it should, in my mind's eye, look like a space ship (I could get behind the wood panel, because it was a secondary bridge, and it fit Tom's motif).
Admittedly there was this in the Classic Series......

View attachment 15978

But strangely I can allow for that more than I can the gloomy dreariness and hotch-potches of much of New Who.

Certainly I had no problem with it when I saw it and was fine with the idea that a part of the interior of the ship might be made of brick walls.

THE INVASION OF TIME (1978)......

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/the-invasion-of-time-1978.3757/
Never remind me of that.