Review What Current TV Shows Are You Watching at the Moment?

Discussion in 'TV: Current' started by Doctor Omega, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

maxresdefault.jpg

Out of the current crop of shows on our screen, which ones do you watch?

And what do you think of them?

2. michaellevenson

michaellevenson Member: Rank 5

Well, I'm a classic tv kinda guy, as you know. But two returning shows I am or will be glued to are Red Dwarf xii starting on Thursday October 12 and have just started the new series 9 of Curb Your Enthusiasm. First episode was great as Larry David has come up with the idea of a Ayatollah based musical called FATWA!

• Like Like x 1
  3. michaellevenson

michaellevenson Member: Rank 5

Larry had this unfortunate mark on his head attending a funeral . Magic.
    [​IMG]

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. MovieKnut

MovieKnut Member: Rank 2

Currently watching Stranger Things, season 2. Also, catching up with Time After Time. The two hour pilot basically follows the original movie. Not great, but not as bad as some of the reviews I have read.

• Like Like x 1
  5. johnnybear

johnnybear Member: Rank 4

I've been enjoying series two of Glitch, The Australian series about seven people returning to life after many years and centuries in some cases! It's a Netflix produced show and I don't think it's available yet on DVD, but it's well worth a watch believe me!
    JB

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. McQualude

McQualude Member: Rank 3

Just finished S2 of Travelers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. McQualude

Just finished Ghost Wars (SyFy). Not sure what they were going for here. It was well acted but all over the place plotwise. Much like Blood Drive, it started as one thing and became something else except with GW it just kept becoming different things. Every episode took the plot in a new direction. The last 2 minutes of the season kind of makes up for it.

Also currently watching:
    The Good Place - about a girl (Kristen Bell) who wakes up in heaven and realizes she doesn't belong there. Really, really, good.
    The Last Man on Earth - I was in a love/hate relationship with S1 but it keeps getting better. One of those shows you like and can't articulate why.
    Superstore - Another well acted and well written comedy. It feels like fluff at first but has fully developed characters.
    The Librarians - Featherweight fluff.
    Vikings - Excellent television but has too many characters. They should consider a spin-off.
    Happy! - WTF! So extreme they can't even sell commercial time and each 60 minute episode is only 50 minutes long, lol. I like it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. McQualude

We binged all 8 episodes of The End of the F***ing World in one night. They are only 20 minutes long so it only took a couple hours. I've never seen a tv show quite like it. It's about a teenage girl that becomes attracted to a loner at her school. Unbeknownst to her, he's a psychopath looking for his first human victim and thinks she'll do just fine. So they go on a date ... and things get weird. Tightly written, well acted. If you have to like, or identify with the characters, it may not be for you. But if you like a good story regardless of likeable characters then I recommend checking it out.

• Like Like x 2
  9. TheSowIsMine

TheSowIsMine What an excellent day for an exorcism
    Staff Member VIP

I just watched the first two episodes, its great so far.

I just watched episode 2x05 of Frontier and they just killed my favourite character, that sucks.

10. McQualude

I'm about 4 episodes in The Punisher (Netflix) and it's good but suffers the same problem was all the other Netflix/Marvel shows, too chatty and too slow. Jon Bernthal is excellent though. Totally believable.

11. johnnybear

I've been a lover of the DareDevil comic book in the sixties and seventies but the TV series on Netflix was too much really! How could any human being (without super powers) take the hammering he was giving by those assassins and survive? And also it can't have been that popular as I've not seen any production information on a third series in the pipeline yet!
    JB

12. TheSowIsMine

TheSowIsMine What an excellent day for an exorcism
    Staff Member VIP

They started filming in november.

13. johnnybear

Oh right! I wonder who the regular villain will be this time? The Gladiator? The Masked Marauder, Man-Bull? All great characters but I doubt we'll be seeing them anytime soon!
    JB