Fun What TV Shows Are You Watching/Rewatching at the Moment?

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I live in rural South Australia, approximately 200 kilometres - 125 miles - north of the state capital. Until a few months ago, my monthly allowance for the internet was 8 gigs, which cost me $50. This meant that I had to be very careful about how I used it. Once I passed the 8 gig limit, my internet speed would slow down to old-fashioned dial-up speed. I used it mainly for surfing websites like IMDb, Wikipedia and the alike and playing GTAO. I rarely viewed YouTube.

Now, due to the introduction of the National Broadband Network, my allowance has increased to 400 gigs per month, for approximately $70. However, I have not had the NBN cable connected to my house. Instead, I get my broadband via satellite. And despite the fact that I've got a laptop, a Blu-ray player, a Playstation 3 and 2 Playstation 4s online simultaneously, I can barely get past using more than 40 gig per month. It's extremely difficult to keep the pace up, hour after hour, day after day, week after week, but I'm not giving up without a damn good fight!

So far, I've watched several TV series through from start to finish, including UFO, SPACE 1999, COLDITZ and THE UNTOUCHABLES. I have also seen several SF films from the 1950s that were all extremely enjoyable. Now, I am concentrating on American comedians and TV hosts. In the current political climate that pervades the USA, these guys have got no shortage of material to inspire them.

The one positive thing I'll say in favour of Donald Trump, is that he's the gift that just keeps on giving when it comes to absurdity and comedy. I fully realize that we're all seriously fucked - myself included - because of this orang-utan reject from clown colleague, but at least I'll go out laughing...

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
The one positive thing I'll say in favour of Donald Trump, is that he's the gift that just keeps on giving when it comes to absurdity and comedy. I fully realize that we're all seriously fucked - myself included - because of this orang-utan reject from clown colleague, but at least I'll go out laughing...
I know right, shows like the Daily Show practically write themselves now.

Im watching Iron Fist at the moment. Its pretty cool, I like it.

duzit

Member: Rank 6
@TheSowIsMine
Thanks, you just reminded me that this is now available. Iron Fist is on my watch list. Please let me
know what you think about it.

@ant-mac
With everything now available to you, you must feel like a kid in a candy shop. What to watch next?
Don't forget about tending to eating, sleeping, personal hygiene, family, etc. But do, lose yourself in
enjoying all the video, TV, Internet,etc. Make up for all the good (and bad) entertainment you've
been missing. WOW this is wonderful for you◆◆◆♡♡♡◆◆◆

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
@ant-mac
With everything now available to you, you must feel like a kid in a candy shop. What to watch next?
Don't forget about tending to eating, sleeping, personal hygiene, family, etc. But do, lose yourself in
enjoying all the video, TV, Internet,etc. Make up for all the good (and bad) entertainment you've
been missing. WOW this is wonderful for you◆◆◆♡♡♡◆◆◆[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, I have had previous experience...

I have a film collection of over 2000 titles, on DVD and HDD. I also own over 100 different TV series on DVD and HDD. I still have nearly 1000 VHS cassettes with various recordings on them. Apart from that, I also own a Playstation 1, 2 Playstation 2s and 2 Playstation 3s, with over 50 games to go with each generation of consoles. I also have 2 Playstation 4s, but there's only one game I play on them - GTA V and GTAO. I have several hundred hours worth of music, on audio cassettes, DVDs, HDD and records and a modest book collection of a few hundred titles. So as you can see, I've never been short of choice when it comes to making the most of my spare time. Also, to my mild irritation and surprise, I occasionally write.

As for your other concerns, I eat when I'm hungry, I sleep when I'm tired and I bathe when I begin to attract flies. When it comes to family or friends, I try to keep in touch at least once or twice every few months. However, I've never been particularly good at that.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8

I will always love the original gothic soap, but this was my introduction to Collinwood. I have the series on DVD (only lasted 12 episodes, thanks George Bush!),, and it's great cheesy vampire fun. There are rumors that, had it been picked up for a second season, it would have brought in the werewolf storyline.

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
While I, over the period of time I've spent caring for my Mum since she's moved in, have learned that the only thing of real value is time itself. I learned that today when "my first day off in almost 40 days" ended up being spent on "household admin." instead of maybe a bit of wee shopping for myself. Doing some things that I was really looking forward to (but had to get dumped so other things got attended to instead) and maybe taking myself out for lunch to start a new book I've been waiting 7 mo. to get my hands on.... Oh well. It will all still be there when the time finally does present itself. And every time she tells me she loves me.... it's OK.

Sorry bout the winning guys. It's late, we have a waaaay toooo early Dr. appt. for her that's been booked since last Oct. Because it's just that hard to get. So I'm exhausted, have to get both of us up and out of the house in rush hour traffic and make sure she gets breakfast & her morning meds before we go.......

:emoji_baby: whining baby that I am! :emoji_angel: the angel I'm trying to be for my Mom (because she deserves no less) :emoji_bow: the prayers I hope someone is listening to because I just cannot keep doing this alone. :emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers: the dancing bunnies that get me up in the morning with a smile....
and which I always associate with you guys..... my lifeline back to the world where other people live, communicate, and try to boost each other up a bit when they can. So thanks for being here alla'y'all!!! I keep coming back for the hope you give me and I've never failed to find it.

chainsaw_metal1

I laugh when I hear Maury go "She's back for the 6th time. Are you the father of her twins?"
I get riled up during those episodes. My issue is that the setup is always the same. The young woman is out there, claiming that some guy is the father of her child, and there are no other possibilities. The guy comes out to jeers from the crowd, who would lynch him on the spot if they could. Then, the majority of the time, the results come up, and he's not the father. It ends with the guy still hated by the crowd for being a guy, and the woman crying and being consoled by Maury. The only time I watch those episodes is so I can feel better about myself.

Also, it should also be pointed out, the guys they usually bring out are not top shelf examples of humankind, but to be brought out on national television and get the reaction they get just irks me.

michaellevenson

Anyone see Inside no.9 this Xmas just gone? It was a cracker .Pemberton and Shearsmith are geniuses. Luckily its on youtube, small picture, but do yourself a favour if you've not seen it.