Fun What TV Shows Are You Watching/Rewatching at the Moment?

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
CBS Renews Eleven Of Its Series

cbs-renews-eleven-of-its-series-696x464.jpg

Just a few weeks out from TV upfronts, CBS has announced it has renewed eleven returning series for the 2018-2019 season. That comes on top of the six already renewed earlier this year, meaning seventeen shows are set to return.

Those just announced to return include “NCIS: Los Angeles,” “NCIS: New Orleans,” “MacGyver,” “Hawaii Five-O,” “Blue Bloods,” “Madame Secretary,” “Bull,” “Survivor,” “The Amazing Race,” “60 Minutes” and “48 Hours”. They join previously announced returnees “The Big Bang Theory,” “Young Sheldon,” “Mom,” “NCIS,” “SEAL Team,” and “S.W.A.T.”

So who is missing? Veteran procedural “Criminal Minds,” comedy “Life In Pieces,” newcomer “Instinct” and the entire Monday night line-up – “Scorpion,” “Superior Donuts,” “Man with a Plan” and “Kevin Can Wait”. The new season of “Elementary” has yet to premiere so its fate is also uncertain.

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Can't say I've seen a single episode of Elementary to be honest and American television these days is so, so boring! It's the only thing in their world and their actors all look alike and all have perfectly white teeth, even the tramps and bums on the street!!! Occasionally they produce a show that is a hit and we seem to get in on it as well but nowadays their Nielsen ratings aren't the only power in television as none of the Berman produced Treks appeared on network and were on local cable channels I believe but as I'm not an expert on it I'd hazard a guess! If ENT for instance had of been put on the network I doubt it would have completed a first season let alone four or seven!
JB

Doctor Omega

A lot of my formative memories of television are of being disturbed at one thing or another. :emoji_head_bandage:
  • THREADS. The nuclear war drama. Ye Gods, that was terrifying at the time.
  • A BBC PLAY FOR TODAY about an old lady who chucks herself off a steep hill at the end. The camera showed her p.o.v. as she went down the hill, all pebbles and chaos. Bet the BBC have wiped it though.
  • HOLOCAUST: The tv drama. With a side order of the documentary series, THE WORLD AT WAR.
  • QUATERMASS 1979. More dystopian bleakness.
  • Seeing the comedian Tommy Cooper die live on stage in a tv show called "LIVE FROM HER MAJESTY's.

The list could go on and on.

Doctor Omega

The horror double bills that used to on late at night....

I discovered many a black and white Boris Karloff classic or some neglected horror gem through these very welcome broadcasts....

bbc2.jpg

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Saturday nights were sacred in our house. For a while, our local PBS station would have Vincent Price hosting his old movies, mostly the Corman films. Then, they had a series where they would show old sci-fi films. And for a while, they did classic movies, which introduced me to so many great old films. And then one of our local stations started having a Horror Host present old B-movies. Ah, the memories...

Doctor Omega

Seeing that floating "window scraping" scene in SALEM'S LOT and being terrified by it.

Then going to school and finding out that everybody else in your class had been terrified by it too.

Doctor Omega

Waiting with eager anticipation for the SILENT SCREAM episode of HAMMER HOUSE OF HORROR, because the Daily Mirror newspaper had said that PETER BLOODY CUSHING!!!! was going to be in it.

Then taping it onto audio cassette and learning the entire episode off by heart!

"Chuck! Chuck! My friend! Open the panel! Let me out!"

On a sadder note.... That poor dog! :emoji_cry:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
After a week where my mom basically had to drag me out of bed to go to school, my sister and I would be up at the crack of dawn (and did Dawn get mad about that, let me tell you) on Saturday mornings to watch cartoons. Cereal bowl and toast accompanied six hours of mind-numbing animated adventures of The Super Friends, Spider-Man, Mr. T, preteen Archie and the Riverdale gang, and so many other great shows over the years. And at noon, my parents would take over the TV and change it to PBS to watch cooking shows and I would get dressed and walk to the library. Because, you know, nerd.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
I just finished The Terror. It was a very good show.

I started The Alienist, but after 7 episodes I was done with it. The show didn't know if it wanted to explore the characters or make it a "who dunit" show. Therefor it failed both.

Then I started watching Lost in Space. Gave up on that during episode 8. How many episodes of people in peril can you make? Also, de Dr. Smith character is terrible, Parker Posey is awesome though. The writing is just terrible.

Now Im watching season 2 of The Handmaids Tale.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Finished watching all 7 seasons of True Blood. I'm going to rewatch Brisco County Jr. dvds, and Deadwood. Since there is no more zombie shows on Sunday since Fear The Walking dead did their mid season finale last week.

McQualude

Member: Rank 3
Finished Santa Clarita Diet. First half of S2 was slow in terms of moving the plot but the back half was good. Finished Love S3, good. The Terror was excellent. The Alienist was excellent. Bosch S4 was excellent. This season of Battlebots is the best. The new format seems to have fixed most or all of the previous problems. Ghosted is back on the air and it seems they have tweaked the story and format and it is much improved. Into the Badlands may not be highbrow drama but the fight scenes are beautifully choreographed. Animal Kingdom is back for S3 and is still good drama. Humans is back, about the same, entertaining. Final season of 12 Monkeys starts today and promises to be crazy. The Expanse is knocking it out of the park, some episodes are so tense I'm literally on the edge of my seat. I don't understand how a show like The Expanse can be cancelled on a sci-fi network. Thankfully Amazon picked it up.