High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Human Centipede movies, scared me pretty good. 7 was pretty bad the guy on the bed. I love zombie movies, but any one of them that really gets into the gore and blood is really bad turns me away at times.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
That reminds me of a scene in Human Centipede part 2. The whole movie is in black and white, except for one scene, were he gives the front person a laxative...

Carol

Member: Rank 5

Peter Cushing, of course, always a perfect gentleman, and often the dashing hero. Once little me had given his Van Helsing (and Holmes) top approval, I gave him a pass for all other roles where he seemed to get hung up on assembling people from filched body parts, building Death Stars, etc.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8

I didn't watch much horror as a child outside of the Universal movies and other classics, but when I was fourteen, I watched A Nightmare on Elm Street, and fell in love with Heather Langenkamp. She introduced me to the concept of the "Final Girl" and she did it well.

Carol

She introduced me to the concept of the "Final Girl" and she did it well.
Good evening to you, sir,
Still never seen that - I hope that means she's the one that makes it out alive? Tell me as a Spoiler if you have to (but I'm still dealing with the idea that Delta thought they were sponsoring the Julius Caesar with the dancing squirrels, third act ballet and happy ending...)

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Good afternoon, m'lady.

She does, indeed, make it out alive. In the end, everyone ends up still alive, but the ending proves to be a surreal dream, where Freddy is still very much a threat, and you are left to wonder if any of it happened, or if this is happening. Craven and his producers couldn't agree on an ending, so they basically took the three they had and blended them all together. It makes for a really cool end to a great horror flick.

Carol

@chainsaw_metal1

Ooh, thank you, that sounds like fun - somehow I missed out on all those slasher-horrors with endless sequels, Friday 13s, Halloweens and these and the first ones never seem to get shown on TV. Looks like reviews and clips of Parts 8 - 27 inclusive of such have put me off needlessly.
You are, as ever, a gentleman and a scholar.

Now excuse me - I think my prosecco will be sufficiently chilled now, and I have a box set of Sharpe to get back to . (2 weeks to the end of tern and a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do to get there with a soul intact)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Any movies that are portmanteau films, like

Dr. Terror's House of Horrors
The House That Dripped Blood
From Beyond the Grave
Tales from the Crypt
Vault of Horror

Etc,

Also any of the latter Universal monster movies like

GHOST OF FRANKENSTEIN
FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLF MAN
HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN
HOUSE OF DRACULA

Etc.

Doctor Omega

PSYCHO (1998) (It fascinates me as a cinematic outrage!)
DR. TERRORS HOUSE OF HORRORS (Tired of one story? Theres another along in a minute.)
HOUSE OF DRACULA (A doctor can cure vampirism/lycanthropy? Just an interesting entry in the saga.)
GHOST OF FRANKENSTEIN (The first of the non-Karloffs and often overlooked)
THE SHINING (I still haven't decided if this one is scary or not!)

That's my list for today. I am sure that it is constantly fluctuating, but they are certainly five of my most re-watched films. :emoji_alien:

Doctor Omega

I would have to say PSYCHO 1998.

van-sant-psycho-hitchcock-cameo.jpg

It is bad, but there is a morbid fascination in watching these actors, mostly miscast, trying to replicate the natural magic of the original. And failing, but in a really interesting way.

It doesn't make me angry as a film, coz I just see it as a cover version of the original. Same tune, different band. And cover versions can never replace the original, but can be interesting in their own right.

That's my justification for watching, what is in fact Gus Van Sant's pile of rubbish anyway! :emoji_alien:

Doctor Omega

Any of the SAW films....

Also WRONG TURN...

And recently it has started being reflected on the telly, with the LUCILLE baseball bat scene in Walking Dead, for example.

At some point though, I think it crosses the line into being so ridiculously over the top that you can end up questioning why the movie or show that you are watching, seems more intent on shocking you than entertaining you! :emoji_alien: