Fun A, B, C's Of Film Titles

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Movies based on action figures? What's next, making action figures based on movies? Movies dedicated to toy sales? What sad, pathetic people would buy such products?
I have no idea what you're talking about... :emoji_innocent:

H - HE WALKED BY NIGHT (1948)

An excellent police procedural that later inspired the DRAGNET franchise. Jack Webb, who created and starred in DRAGNET, actually appeared in this.

duzit

Member: Rank 6
O ~ O' HORTEN (2009)

The Norwegian film "O’Horten" centers on a train driver who is stumped as to what to do when he hits retirement.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
P - Punisher, The (1989)

Generic 80s action movie with a lesser known superhero thrown into it. Not terrible, but if you're a comic book purist, avoid.

ant-mac

T - THELMA & LOUISE (1991)

The first film in the incredibly short-lived THELMA AND LOUISE film franchise.

chainsaw_metal1

Y - Yellow Submarine (1968)

Fun animated film with a story (?) loosely based on the songs of The Beatles.

"Are you Blueish? Funny, you don't look Blueish."

chainsaw_metal1

A - A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984)

Wes Craven's classic about a child murderer who is killed by the townspeople and returns years later to kill their children in their dreams. Still one of the few horror movies that can still give me a scare.

Zoombies

Zoo filled with zombie animals, and I still need to watch this movie.
It's been on my Netflix list for a long time, and I also need to watch it. I did watch Zombeavers, which is really good fun. If you haven't seen it, you should.

ant-mac

D - THE DAY OF THE LOCUST (1975)

A film that features the fictional character of Homer Simpson - no, not that one.

ant-mac

Historically inaccurate, over acted, too many Dutch angles, some bad accents...but damn I love this movie.
Hang on... Are you saying that Hollywood made a... a mistake?! :emoji_astonished:

Do you want to be the one to tell them, or should I? :emoji_wink:

H - HANCOCK (2008)

A superhero with attitude. I'd love to see him and Deadpool team up for a film. I think I might actually feel sorry for the villains...