SoapboxQuantez08

Member: Rank 2
Do the boards get "cleaned" periodically?

It doesn't bother me, but do all (or some) boards get periodically cleaned?

For example, I just came from the Paranormal board, and some old threads aren't there anymore.
There was a witchboard thread, and an Amytiville thread, which are gone.
This surprised me, since that particular board didn't have many threads to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Yup. Once a week, we have a cleaning lady come in. Lupita. Lovely woman. Hails from Guatemala. Makes excellent ox tail soup. But I digress. She comes in, dusts, vacuums, empties rubbish bins, picks up empty beer bottles left by me and @ant-mac, does the windows, and every now and then, does some deep cleaning for us (I still need to pay her extra for scrubbing that stain I left on the couch).

As for missing boards, they may have been moved to another forum. That I had nothing to do with. Just the stain.

It was ice cream. Strawberry. Lupita bought it for me.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9

For example, I just came from the Paranormal board, and some old threads aren't there anymore.
This surprised me, since that particular board didn't have many threads to begin with.
I don't believe that they've been removed.

However some of them might have been combined.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP

I have noticed a lot of combining going on lately. You should check out the "lets talk about" threads, usually these are a bunch of threads combined.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Oh, all legal and above board. Our personal lawyers, Dewie, Cheetum & Howe took care of everything. Of course, there was a nasty rumor about Lupita being a drug mule, but I never believed it. And Manuel worked at one of the finest hotels in England.

Well, I say finest...better than average? Just avoid the manager, and you'll be fine.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Oh, all legal and above board. Our personal lawyers, Dewie, Cheetum & Howe took care of everything. Of course, there was a nasty rumor about Lupita being a drug mule, but I never believed it. And Manuel worked at one of the finest hotels in England.

Well, I say finest...better than average? Just avoid the manager, and you'll be fine.
Come on! Come on! Start! Start, you vicious bastard! Come on! Oh, my God! I'm warning you! If you don't start... I'll count to three! 1, 2, 3! Right! That's it! I've had enough! You've tried it on just once too often! Right! Well, don't say I haven't warned you! I've laid it on the line for you time and time again! Right! Well, this is it! I'm going to give you a damn good thrashing!

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I have to come clean and admit that it is me that did the thread merging.

In what I can only describe as a bad case of Jurassic Park Syndrome, I forgot that, just because I found that I could do a thing, I did not stop to think whether I should.

The results have been mixed (literally).

While some threads have started getting more responses because of my merging, others have emerged from the process resembling Seth Brundle at the end of The Fly: a nightmarish hotch-potch of nonsense - with people giving replies about The Godfather to a question about The Sound of Music.

Suitably chastened by these Frankenstein threads I have created, I have hidden the merger button - and can only offer sincere apologies to all those whose threads were affected, while also swearing to never again tamper with the forces of creation. :emoji_confused:

Genuinely sorry again, folks. I honestly meant well. :emoji_disappointed:

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Old Suggestion Box II

suggestions.0.jpg

Thanks for joining and welcome to IMDF.

Like what you see?

Could the place be improved?

(Even vastly improved?)

Your suggestions are welcome below. :emoji_alien:

Last edited:

Hunter28

Member: Rank 3
View attachment 5414

Thanks for joining and welcome to IMDF.

Like what you see?

Could the place be improved?

(Even vastly improved?)

Your suggestions are welcome below. :emoji_alien:
I will start.

It needs to be condensed. It has 108 different boards to click on. Just does not need that many. There is not near enough traffic for that many boards. Admins should look at all the boards and eliminate the ones few are interested in. Or merge together some. Like combine the The Watercooler with The Soapbox.

Anyone else have some ideas?
https://www.imdforums.com/forums/the-watercooler.171/