Review The TARDIS

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
You shouldn’t abandon Classic Who because you don’t like NuWho. Classic Who is Classic Who and the episodes are the same quality they were before.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Back from when the show had geniuses working on it.
Or just people who knew how to tell a good story - and maybe leave their audience with something to think about - without acting like a bunch of tactless and talent-free twats about it.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
This hilarious dialogue from comedy writer Moffat in THE WEDDING OF RIVER SONG was another (of many) nails in the coffin of New Who for me.....

River Song: Use the stabilisers!

The Doctor: It doesn't have stabilisers!

River Song: The blue switches!

The Doctor: The blue ones don't do anything, they're just... blue!

River Song: Yes they're blue: they're the blue stabilisers! [presses the button and the TARDIS indeed stabilises] See?

The Doctor: Yeah? Well, it's boring now, isn't it? They're boring-ers! They're blue... boring-ers!

Amy: Doctor, how come she can fly the TARDIS?

The Doctor: You call that flying the TARDIS? [scoffs] Ha!

River Song: Okay, I've mapped the probability vectors, done a foldback on the temporal isometry, charted the ship to its destination and... [presses a button, the cloister bell clangs] parked us right alongside.

The Doctor: Parked us? But we haven't landed!

River Song: Of course we've landed; I just landed her.

The Doctor: But it didn't make the noise.

River Song: What noise?

The Doctor: You know, the... [does an impression of the TARDIS materialisation sound]

River Song: It's not supposed to make that noise. You leave the brakes on.

The Doctor: Yes, well, it's a brilliant noise. I love that noise.”

ant-mac

This hilarious dialogue from comedy writer Moffat in THE WEDDING OF RIVER SONG was another (of many) nails in the coffin of New Who for me.....

River Song: Use the stabilisers!

The Doctor: It doesn't have stabilisers!

River Song: The blue switches!

The Doctor: The blue ones don't do anything, they're just... blue!

River Song: Yes they're blue: they're the blue stabilisers! [presses the button and the TARDIS indeed stabilises] See?

The Doctor: Yeah? Well, it's boring now, isn't it? They're boring-ers! They're blue... boring-ers!

Amy: Doctor, how come she can fly the TARDIS?

The Doctor: You call that flying the TARDIS? [scoffs] Ha!

River Song: Okay, I've mapped the probability vectors, done a foldback on the temporal isometry, charted the ship to its destination and... [presses a button, the cloister bell clangs] parked us right alongside.

The Doctor: Parked us? But we haven't landed!

River Song: Of course we've landed; I just landed her.

The Doctor: But it didn't make the noise.

River Song: What noise?

The Doctor: You know, the... [does an impression of the TARDIS materialisation sound]

River Song: It's not supposed to make that noise. You leave the brakes on.

The Doctor: Yes, well, it's a brilliant noise. I love that noise.”
I didn't mind River Song in general, but there were moments when she annoyed me...

That was one of them.

Doctor Omega

The Doctor being made to look like a useless male by Girl Power is standard in the scheme of things of course, but the crummy line about brakes, which therefore means that every other Time Lord ever has left the brakes on throughout the history of the show.... Gahhhh.... Just another nail, totally.,

ant-mac

I've had that TARDIS landing effect on loop for nearly half an hour, with the speakers up high...

I wonder what the neighbours think?

Doctor Omega

The idea of the Tardis being manifested as a character in the console column in the top picture is a bit jarring, but that's quite an interesting development.

The top one particularly looks like a great place to hang out in!

Love the flipped-around doorway in the bottom one too.